Home / Forum / Schule & Studium / Au Pair host family letter

Au Pair host family letter

8. April 2015 um 18:55

Hallo

Ich will nächtes jahr als au pair nach amerika gehen und muss dafür einen Brief an mögliche Gastfamilien schreiben. Ich habe zwar seit mehreren Jahren in der Schule Englisch, aber da bin ich nicht unbedingt die beste vielleicht gibt es ja jemand der besser englisch kann und mir den Brief oder einen Teil davon korrigieren kann und auch inhaltlich falls es etwas gibt das fehlt oder besser nicht rein sollte...
Würde mich sehr freuen, danke schonmal im vorraus!

hier der Brief:

Dear host family,

First of all I want to thank you for reading my letter and for giving me the chance to give you a little impression of myself and the reasons why I would like to become your Au Pair.

My name is Ju?? and I was born on the ?th of October ??. I live together with my family in ??, Germany. My mother works as a ?? at the local university and my father as a ??. My sister is ? years old and in 8th grade. We are both at the same high school, not far away from the town center. ?? is a town in the south of Germany which is primarily known for having the church with the tallest steeple in the world.

I am going to finish school in June and before I am going to start my studies I would like to go to America as an Au Pair. After my studies I want to work with children so I am thinking about becoming a primary school teacher one day.
I gained my first experiences with children when I started to help out as a trainer in artistic gymnastics which I now do on a regular basis. With four other trainers I train about 55 children, split up in three different groups. Therefore I passed a course where we got some instructions on how we can train the children that they learn new elements easier and a first aid course in 2013. When I was 14 I got my first job as a babysitter. Since then, I am thinking about working with children for the rest of my life and I completed a work placement in a nursery school. Right now I go babysitting at two families regularly. With them I love to go outside, for example at the playground, playing soccer or going on a walk with their bogie wheels and bicycles. If we stay inside we often do handicrafts, play board games or read books.
I really enjoy spending time with children of any age. It is so much fun to play with them and it always makes me happy when I see that they have fun, too! The Au Pair program gives me the chance to see your children growing up and see them smile every day. In addition to that I would love to get to know a new country and culture and, of course, I want to improve my English skills. I have no problems to adapt myself in new situation and I'm always eager to learn new things.

I would describe myself as reliable, helpful, humorous and very patient, especially with children. In my free time I often meet my friends and practice rhythmic gymnastics two times a week. This is the perfect sport for me because I was an artistic gymnast and a dancer before and this is a combination of both. Another hobby of me is arts. I love to paint and even did a part of my A-Levels in arts and crafts.

I got my drivers license in May 2014. By then I was allowed to drive a car as long as one of my parents was with me, until I got my full license in October. Since I dont drive to school by car I am not driving every day, but at minimum two or three times a week when I go to rhythmic gymnastics or to different activities with my friends or my family.

I would be happy to have the opportunity to speak with you and to answer whatever questions you may have about me or my childcare experiences, to learn more about your family, and your interests.

Thank you very much for your interest in my application!
I look forward to hearing from you.

Yours Sincerely,
Julia

Vielen Dank an alle die sich die Mühe gemacht haben das ganze durchzulesen und mir antworten

14. April 2015 um 22:20

Es ist halt eine sehr deutsches Englisch
aber das finde ich in deiner Situation und für dein Vorhaben nicht schlimm. Ein paar Sachen sind mir aber aufgefallen:

First of all I want to: würde ich komplett streichen
together: raus
near the town center
primarily: irgendwie das falsche Wort, lass das einfach weg
highest statt tallest (tall sind mehr Menschen)
I will finish (da stört mich irgendwie die Zeitform, ich weiß aber nicht wieso), danach auf jeden Fall before I start
to USA (kannst du dir überlegen)
one day: raus.
to help out: lieber assisted
first aid course: Da würde ich einen neuen Satz machen.
for the rest of my life : das ist viel zu melodramatisch
work placement: attended a traineeship
I go babysitting: I babysit/baby-sit
With them: ich nehme an, du meinst nur die Kinder, nicht die ganze Familie
for example: streichen, I love going outside to the playground with the children or..
bike? Ich bin mir nicht sicher, was englisch und was amerikanisch ist
When we stay
The Au Pair program gives me the chance to see your children growing up and see them smile every day: das ist mir etwas zu schleimig, tut mir leid.
In addition to that: ''Also'' reicht auch
I have no problem to... in new situations
I appreciate to learn new things (eager ist mehr so richtig besessen)
often: streichen
and even passed some courses for my A-Levels in...
by then heißt bis dahin. Lass das weg, das verwirrt irgendwie.
Though I don't drive to school every day, I am driving two or three
possibility statt opportunity
any questions
Nach experiences solltest du einen neuen Satz anfangen.
for reading my application
hearing from you soon
sincerely klein!

Gruß

Gefällt mir

18. April 2015 um 23:17
In Antwort auf glyzinie

Es ist halt eine sehr deutsches Englisch
aber das finde ich in deiner Situation und für dein Vorhaben nicht schlimm. Ein paar Sachen sind mir aber aufgefallen:

First of all I want to: würde ich komplett streichen
together: raus
near the town center
primarily: irgendwie das falsche Wort, lass das einfach weg
highest statt tallest (tall sind mehr Menschen)
I will finish (da stört mich irgendwie die Zeitform, ich weiß aber nicht wieso), danach auf jeden Fall before I start
to USA (kannst du dir überlegen)
one day: raus.
to help out: lieber assisted
first aid course: Da würde ich einen neuen Satz machen.
for the rest of my life : das ist viel zu melodramatisch
work placement: attended a traineeship
I go babysitting: I babysit/baby-sit
With them: ich nehme an, du meinst nur die Kinder, nicht die ganze Familie
for example: streichen, I love going outside to the playground with the children or..
bike? Ich bin mir nicht sicher, was englisch und was amerikanisch ist
When we stay
The Au Pair program gives me the chance to see your children growing up and see them smile every day: das ist mir etwas zu schleimig, tut mir leid.
In addition to that: ''Also'' reicht auch
I have no problem to... in new situations
I appreciate to learn new things (eager ist mehr so richtig besessen)
often: streichen
and even passed some courses for my A-Levels in...
by then heißt bis dahin. Lass das weg, das verwirrt irgendwie.
Though I don't drive to school every day, I am driving two or three
possibility statt opportunity
any questions
Nach experiences solltest du einen neuen Satz anfangen.
for reading my application
hearing from you soon
sincerely klein!

Gruß

Danke!!
Vielen dank für deine Antwort! Hab den Text nochmal überarbeitet und hoff, dass es jetzt passt

Gefällt mir

26. April 2015 um 23:57
In Antwort auf juu312

Danke!!
Vielen dank für deine Antwort! Hab den Text nochmal überarbeitet und hoff, dass es jetzt passt

Ich wünsche dir viel Erfolg!
vielleicht kannst du ja im Vorab etwas über die Familien herausfinden und noch persönlicher jeweils drauf eingehen. Ich weiß allerdings nicht, wie genau das läuft.

Gefällt mir

Frühere Diskussionen
Brauche Ideen für einen Bericht (Studium)
Von: mariap3112
neu
22. April 2015 um 15:41
Den richtigen Job finden?
Von: movement162
neu
3. April 2015 um 17:30
Welche ausbildung passt zu mir?
Von: kasi0501
neu
18. März 2015 um 11:16
Moderatoren gesucht (Minijob, Heimarbeit, freie Zeiteinteilung)
Von: xfirefoxx1
neu
14. März 2015 um 11:44
Teste die neusten Trends!
experts-club

Das könnte dir auch gefallen